Friday, December 31, 2010

Pruning Regensberg

I have three of them. Regensberg is a McGredy floribunda, or patio rose. Its growth habit is upright and very dense. It sends out lots of tiny little shoots which this picture doesn't quite do justice to. This rose has no foliar diseases and keeps most of its plentiful leaves until late winter. I could perhaps just shear my bushes like a hedge except that most of the growth inside the bush gets canker and dies off. And so I spend hours taking leaves off, and then do microsurgery on those tiny shoots. My pruning shears do not make clean cuts on these little stems (I actually did it with scissors one year when the bushes were smaller). What a lot of work! Do miniature growers prune theirs with scalpels??


No comments:

Post a Comment

I am so glad you have stopped by!